Sunday, December 28, 2008

Happy 60th Birthday Mom!

Here are 60 reasons (out of hundreds) we love my mom and our grandma!
1. She gives the best hugs!
2. She has a huge heart!
3. She loves us more than anyone else in the world possibly could!
4. She always has good things to eat at her house (especially for her starving son-in-law!)
5. She lets us (the girls) sleep in her bed with her!
6. She likes to go camping and be part of nature.
7. She lets us stay up a lot later than our mom does!
8. She gives great advice.
9. She tells us stories in funny voices.
10. She was there when we were born, and she loved us before we even were!
11. She keeps me grounded - especially when I get too caught up in life!
12. She helps us remember that we are blessed.
13. She never gives up on us.
14. She carries us through the hard times, and is there with us through the good as well.
15. She supported everything I ever did in school - even if it meant cutting out 5 million things for posters and elections!
16. She believes in all of us!
17. She is courageous!
18. She is kind.
19. She believes in God.
20. She prays for us.
21. She always helped me chase my dreams.
22. She is my strength.
23. She is our friend.
24. She is fun!
25. She gives wise counsel.
26. She is always involved in things we do.
27. She is beautiful, inside and out.
28. She is special in every way.
29. She has a fierce competitive side, but doesn't mind when we win anyway.
30. She has amazing decorating skills.
31. She can make any ordinary thing extraordinary and beautiful.
32. She has countless talents.
33. She gives us confidence in ourselves.
34. She is a great listener.
35. She is adventurous.
36. She rubs our feet with lotion when we have sleepovers.
37. She "fixes" everything!
38. She loves each of us unconditionally.
39. She lets us have sleepovers a lot.
40. She buys us things we need - and even things we don't need.
41. She loves animals.
42. We can count on her for everything.
43. She constantly makes sacrifices on our behalf.
44. She is a healer.
45. She'd sell her soul for us.
46. She loves her children.
47. She loves her grandchildren.
48. She always has yummy treats - lots better than at our house!
49. She is forgiving.
50. She encourages us to be the best we can at everything.
51. She is respectful.
52. She brings us joy.
53. She is honest.
54. She loves to serve.
55. We love her laughter.
56. She can see the importance of details.
57. She doesn't judge us.
58. She protects us and makes us feel safe.
59. She teaches us everything she knows.
60. Her love is forever, and she is the perfect mom and grandma!

Happy 60th Birthday Mom and Grandma!!!

We LOVE you!

4 comments:

Team Millward said...

Ahhh, happy birthday Sue! Love the pic. But Jess you could have easily put 61 things. I believe you're forgetting your mom's awesome cooking skills while making steak brownies.

Sue Johnson said...

Okay, so you could have told me to read this BEFORE I put on make-up (as I cry it off)! How special do I feel?!?!?! You guys MAKE me special and I am so privileged and blessed to be a part of YOUR lives. I count my blessings all the time. Thanks Linds, for the birthday recognition. Tell Mike I'd be happy to make him chocolate dipped steak nuggets anytime! Thanks, sweet Jessica, Rod, and girly girls, for making this a special day! I love you all!

Lindsee said...

let your mom now that we are wishing her a happy birthday.

Teri said...

What an awesome daughter you are to post that. You are so cute. I love your mom's comment too. Happy Birthday Jess's mom!