Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Our Moments and Memories of 2008

Here are just a few of our favorite (and not so favorite) memories of 2008!

January

*Celebrated two years-post yucky surgery that was life changing!

*I got a phone call in the middle of the night because my best friend's water broke - and she delivered beautiful twin girls!

*We had huge snow storms, and loved it! Rod pulled the girls and half the neighborhood on tubes behind the Blazer!

*We resolved that we wouldn't do anything we did in 2007 (yeah right!).

February


*I spent a romantic evening with my cute hubby at the Jim Brickman concert after he surprised me with tickets!

March



*I ran the Moab Canyonlands Half Marathon. We stayed in a tiny cabin with the girls, had an amazing time, and hiked to Delicate Arch.

*I got my first root canal.

* The Easter Bunny left lots of surprises in the girls' Easter Baskets to get them ready for Disneyland!

April


*We spent 10 days in LA, Disneyland, San Diego Zoo and Sea World!

*My sweet sister-in-law rolled her car - but had lots of guardian angels watching over her and my niece.

*We got new carpet in our playroom - and now it's the only decent carpet in our house!

May


*Rod and I celebrated 9 years of marriage!

*I got Lasik (LOVE IT!).

*We spent the day at Uncle Dave's Ranch playing on the four wheelers, fishing, and loving nature!

*We invented "Mountain Church" in American Fork Canyon with the Oviatts.

*Last day of school for the girls.

June


*I ran the Provo Riverwoods 10 mile race - and took second in my age division!

* I ran the Wasatch Back Relay (from Logan to Park City) with a group of 12 amazing friends and teammates! We also had a really hot driver!

*We loved the city week celebrations and participated in everything! The girls love the rodeo!

* I was on the 5K committee, which was a lot of fun, and a lot of work!

*I had my second root canal.

July


*The girls started swimming lessons, and did amazing! Camryn mastered the back stroke, and Carsyn improved drastically on her dives. They both discovered the high dive at the outdoor pool, and flipped off of it over and over!

*I ran the 10K Freedom Run in Provo to celebrate the 4th of July. My 9 months pregnant friend beat me!

*I turned 30 and Rod surprised me by taking me SKY DIVING! My life-long dream is fulfilled!

*Camryn turned 8 and wanted nothing more than to be baptized!

*We drove to Colorado on the 24th of July to visit good friends for the weekend - and Carsyn got her first (six) fillings while we were there.

*We went to the Spanish Fork Rodeo with our good friends, the Oviatts.

August


*Camryn was baptized!

*We got to go boating with Uncle Dave at Jordanelle.

*Carsyn turned 7!

*The girls went back to school - Camryn started 3rd grade, Carsyn started 2nd, and Ty started her 2nd year of preschool.

*Tyleigh turned 4 and had her first party!

*We hiked to Cecret Lake with Grams Sue and Papa Lynn!

*I ran the Hobble Creek Half-Marathon.

*We experienced the Giant Slip and Slide for adults for the first time thanks to Jayna and Clint, and felt like we'd been hit by a train for the next four days!

September

*We cut 5 plus inches off Camryn's green hair (from the chlorine!)

*We hiked to the Timpanogas Caves with our good friends, the McAdams.

*I threw my first Room Mother's Tea for the PTA.

*We helped with the school carnival.

*Rod and I got to take an incredible 10 day trip to Portugal and Madeira.

*Auntee T, Gram Sue and Papa Lynn took care of the girls while we were gone.

*We went to the annual Mascot Bowl!

October




*The girls started the RAD Kids Program, and graduated a week later.

*We played at Cornbellies!


*We visited the witches at Gardner Village!

*Rod turned 32!

*We celebrated Halloween for a week straight with Ward parties, Trunk or Treat, Class parties, and Trick or Treating!

November



*Carsyn and Camryn both entered the Reflections contest and won.

*Carsyn got the world's worst infection in her cheek and had to have a molar extracted - while I got the World's Greatest Mother Award for standing by and watching!

*We celebrated Thanksgiving with my mom, dad, little (much taller) brother and sister-in-law, and adorable niece!

*My sister-in-law and I drug our husbands to see Twilight, and then ditched them so we could pull an all-nighter for Black Friday!

*Grandma and Grandpa Madsen (Rod's parents) got home from their mission in Los Angeles.

*We went to the Salvation Army benefit concert to watch our sweet Phil perform in the Holiday Pop's Concert.

December



*We did a neighborhood drive for the Road Home.

*I went to the dentist every other day!

*We finished our fireplace, and painted our house way too many times!

*We went to too many Christmas parties, and ate way too much all month!

*We got to have a very special Family Home Evening at Phil's and decorated his house for Christmas.

*The girls performed beautifully in their piano recital.

*Phil took us on the trolley to see the lights at Thanksgiving Point and to see the reindeer.

*Santa kept finding us!

*We had insane snowstorms!

*We had a wonderful Christmas - even though Tyleigh had a random seizure Christmas morning!

*My mom turned 60!



GoodBye to a FABULOUS 2008, and Happy 2009 to all!

9 comments:

lindsee said...

it looks like you guys had a big year. Im so glad that I get to keep updated on you. we love you guys!

Angie said...

What a fun idea Jessica! Looks like you guys had a very fun and busy year! Here's to another great year in 2009!

Jayna said...

I'm so glad the slip n slide made the allstar list! I'll be good in time for another round this summer.

Bateman's Latest Kill said...

Cute post it is nice to sum it all up like that.

Arin said...

Sounds like you guys had a fantastic year...totally jealous of some of the places you got to visit!

Amy Jones said...

Love the list...isn't it amazing that the year is already gone? I have to ask...who in the world is the dude in the diaper in that marathon picture. Slightly disturbing. :)

Happy New Year, Jess...here's to no more root canals!

Anonymous said...

What a fun year in review! I forgot so many of those things! your blog is awesome, even though I talk to you nearly everyday -- there are lots of things that we just don't get to talk about!

Jamie said...

Wow, what an exciting year! I hope 2009 is filled with just as many adventures!

Kira said...

I love your blog!!! What a busy busy year. Your girls are all beautiful, they have grown so much from when we first met your family.
I will add you to my list!