So here's the story. I have a problem. A big one. I can't stand to see any animal suffer in even the slightest way, and it makes me act a little crazy once in a while . . . Fine! All the time! Apparently my problem is even driving me to steal other people's dogs . . . or just borrow them for a few days anyway.
Remember that horrible storm we had last week? You know, the one where all of your kids came into your room at 1:00 a.m. screaming because the wind about blew the house down, and the thunder literally shook the windows? It scared dogs too.
The morning after the storm, my running partners and I took off for our weekly run at 5:00 a.m., and less than a mile into it, the cute little guy in the pictures was hot on our heels. My running partners don't love dogs, and we all gave our best effort to ditch him, but he wasn't having it. He ran into the road on more than one occasion, and I panicked. I wasn't up for a squished puppy so early in the morning - believe me, when it's that quiet outside, you can hear everything when the car hits. Been there, done that. I tried my best to carry him while we ran so that I could call his owners when we got to a phone, but my friends strongly suggested that he might just puke on me from all the bouncing. After six miles, the little guy couldn't keep up anymore, and I was worried about how far from home we had taken him. We ended our run, and I felt obligated to go back and get the dog and get him home.
This is where all our troubles started. His tag only listed a vets office 50 miles away. No owner's phone number. Luckily the vets office was not too busy and started a long history quest for me. This story is getting really long I know - so to make it a little shorter, it took three days of chains of people and phone calls to get this little guy home! He stayed with us for those three days, and the girls were in Heaven - I don't think the dog minded his stay much either based on the pictures. Thankfully, he is finally back with his rightful owners, and I'm sure, very happy.
And as for our house? We actually miss the dog just a little, but are still catering to two cats and one frog, and three little girls . . . and waiting to see what Mom brings home next! I did see a couple of skunks the other morning . . .
8 comments:
If you ever need to borrow a dog, we have 2. One is large, rarely barks, but wets the floor when it rains, so you'll want to make reservations for a sunny day with that one. The other one is a yappy dog I'd gladly let you borrow rain or shine. LOL. BTW, here's some "super juice" for your next run. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,537843,00.html Couldn't resist.
Graham would be in heaven at your house.
So cute! I am a total dog person too.. and I had shih tzu's growing up and love them!! Glad you found it's home! Dog owners everywhere would love you!
Your sweetness level just bumped up a notch or two in my book.
I'll bet the owners were so glad that someone like you found their lost furry little family member!! I am a dog lover too & hope to have a couple some day-that one sure is cute!
You are so cute and sweet. You need an award, not get locked up.
There is just not a mean bone in your body! what a cute story. My prediction, you will have a dog within the next year!
What a great story with a happy ending. I'm glad you were so willing to help the little dog. I don't know if you know but I work at the West Jordan Animal Shelter and it's sad how many owners do not come in looking for their dog/cat...or how many owners do come in looking and never find their lost pet. It's so sad. Good work!! =0) I'm sure your girls loved having the dog around.
Post a Comment