My dad's mom, my Grandma Johnson, passed away on Sunday April 15th at the age of 81. While it's never easy to say good-bye to someone you love, we couldn't be more happy for my grandma and the new journey she is now on.
She has not been in great health for several years now, and it really seems like such a tender mercy for her to have passed on into a better place and life.
My grandma was best remembered for her incredible memory. She has 38 grandchildren and 13 great-grandchildren, and 7 children of her own, and I can honestly say that she never once forgot any special occasion for any of us. We got a birthday card and some kind of remembrance every single year of our lives, anniversary cards, get well cards, good luck cards, etc. I got the chance to take my girls to the hospital to say our good-byes the day before she passed away, and even then, she was asking each of us about our current life events and interests. What a gift!
She was a very kind and selfless person. She was an amazing listener, and very compassionate. She always made everyone in her presence feel very important and very loved.
I had the privilege of taking pictures of the funeral like I did at Rod's dad's funeral.
It was so sweet to be able to watch the events unfold through the lens of my camera.
No words are necessary to see why . . .
We love you Grandma!
God be with you 'til we meet again!

1 comment:
Those are really great pics Jess. I am sorry, I bet she is celebrating her new adventure though!! The pictures are priceless!!
Post a Comment