Monday, August 24, 2009

Hobble Creek Half


This past weekend was the Hobble Creek Half Marathon. Normally I would say that it's my favorite race because of the scenery and awesome route, but this year I was too busy trying not to throw up! :) I had the opportunity to run it with my dear friend, Leesa, who is an incredible runner! She stayed with me long enough to get me my best time thus far, but I hit the "wall" in the middle of the race and had to beg her to leave me so I could swear out loud and not feel bad about it! Thank heavens for the positive attitude and push of others - I finished with a PR (personal record) of 1:38:59, which put me at a 7:33/M pace, and put both Leesa and I in the top 100 for women. I finished 194 out of 1100 in all - and yes, Leesa beat me - by a lot. That still gives me the right to just walk my marathon in a few weeks right??? I'm getting too old for this stuff!

9 comments:

Jayna said...

Congrats on an amazing time!

Jason and Kristin said...

As always, I'm thoroughly impressed!

Natalie said...

That is an amazing time! wow Jess- that is no wall! You are my hero!

Jonie said...

WOW, great job! you can't be getting too old if you just passed your own personal time, I think you did fabulous

Fiddlefish said...

WOW WOW WOW. You put me to shame. I'm a 1 HOUR/mile person myself. LOL
Oh -- and Carsyn's photo with the undies on her head was absolutely hilarious. She is usually so quiet in class!

Carrick family said...

Man! I can't believe how fast you ran!!! I wish I could run like you! Good job girl!! YOu are staying young forever!

Gonzalez Family said...

You are way too impressive Jess! Congrats on running your best time.

Jamie said...

You rock!!! I am so happy for you and your huge accomplishment! I don't call you the treadmill nazi for nothin'! I need to get back to Legacy! I can't wait to hear all about that marathon!

Daniel & Shandi said...

That is freaking awesome!!! WAY TO GO!! You are amazing! I'm so impressed. I always say I'm going to run...jog to the end of the driveway and then have to walk. I'm very LAME! I'm so jealous you can run that far. BRAVO!