Sunday, October 26, 2008

Body Worlds


Rod and I got the opportunity to go to the Body Worlds Exhibit this last Saturday as part of his birthday (thank you Mom for watching the girls!). It was . . . really something to see! Gross isn't a word I would use to describe it, but very, very interesting! The human body is amazing! Once you got past the fact that the bodies used to be somebody, it was really incredible to gain a better understanding of muscles, veins, and all of the networks in our bodies! There was a section devoted completely to the developing fetus - it was breathtaking! What miracles our little babies are when you think about all of the things that have to come together to make them whole! It was a once in a lifetime thing to see! (Neither Rod or I recommend taking kids though!)
We weren't allowed to take any pictures, so here is one off of the web to give you an idea of what we got to see!

2 comments:

Natelli Johnston said...

I did not want to go until you posted this. How much was it?

Rod and Jess said...

The cost of entry was $22.00 per person, but if you get the newspaper, there are $2.00 off coupons per person. Also, don't buy them over the phone or on the internet because of course they charge a processing fee of $2.50 per ticket. You should definitely go though! It takes about an hour and a half to two hours to get through the whole exhibit.